1 Full Time Regular Position
Tūtū and Me - Hawai‘i South
- Interact with caregivers and keiki, modeling routines and behaviors that encourage growth and learning. Engage caregiver as keiki first teacher through modeling;
- Develop and maintain high quality program standards by overseeing daily aspects regarding team’s kuleana, work production, home visits, reports, due dates, program curriculum and activities, scheduling of field trips, mentoring, and support of team;
- Assure that a high-quality program is being delivered by working closely with the Assessment Specialist to ensure that the needs of the caregiver and keiki are met;
- Lead lesson planning meetings, create, submit monthly lesson plans and implement the Tūtū and Me curriculum for caregivers and keiki;
- Lead daily debrief sessions with the team, responsible for recording and submitting these reports;
- Compile and organize hard copies and electronic files of logs and reports;
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with community partners.
- Monday through Friday, hours of operation varied by site and determined by the supervisor;
- Position requires regular and predictable attendance;
- Some events on evenings or weekends at various times.
- Program sites at locations such as community centers, schools or churches, various event sites, meeting and professional development sites;
- Office setting;
- Travel in program vehicle to and from program site;
- Travel in personal vehicle to and from program sites may be required;
- Travel to the neighbor islands is required;
- Travel to the U.S. continent may be required.
Mental, Physical, and Communication Demands
- Consistent adherence to the practice of Partners In Development’s (PIDF) five core values that are used as a guiding force in the success of all of its programs;
- Be keenly aware of and attentive to program participants;
- Must analyze and problem solve issues;
- Must be able to prioritize and focus on multiple tasks that require analysis and attention to detail;
- Must possess and exercise strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Must be able to cope with stress that may be induced by the life situations of our participants.
- Must participate in strenuous activities which includes loading/unloading of program materials and equipment from the van, washing of vans and mats, set up and break down of program activity centers;
- Requires lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds on a regular basis;
- Must be able to sit and work on floor; kneel and bend.
- Must exhibit courteous and professional demeanor towards program participants, staff, administration and community partners via verbal, written, physical and electronic correspondence;
- Must be able to address participants individually or in groups through speaking, demonstrating of activities, singing, dancing and signing;
- Requires good oral and written communication skills;
- Must be able to properly handle and maintain highly confidential information.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field, and
a. At least one (1) year of experience working directly
with young children ages birth through five; or
- Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field and
b. At least three (3) years of experience working
directly with young children ages birth through five;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including but not limited to Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint;
- Familiarity with using database such as QuickBase preferred;
- Knowledge of Hawaiian culture preferred;
- Must have access to a vehicle, have a valid driver’s license, a safe and responsible driving record, and current no-fault auto insurance, with at least $100K in bodily collision per person and $25K in property damage liability.
All positions require that the incumbent have no convictions of any crime against a child or other vulnerable person. We conduct periodic criminal background checks as a condition of employment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.