On-Call Teaching Assistant
Tūtū and Me - Hilo, Kaua‘i, Kona, O‘ahu and Waimea
Team Teacher and Site Manager
Primary PurposeAssist Teacher and Assessment Specialist in implementing the Tūtū and Me curriculum for caregivers and keiki.
- Track and record participant attendance at site;
- Record data in database;
- Interact with caregivers and keiki in a helpful and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Monday through Friday, hours of operation varied from site to site and determined by the supervisor;
- Position requires regular and predictable attendance;
- Some events on evenings or weekends at various times.
- Office setting;
- Travel in program vehicle to and from program sites;
- Travel to the neighbor islands may be required.
Equipment UseProgram vehicle, computer and/or lap top, printer, scanner, copier, fax machine, office and/or work cell phone/Bluetooth, paper cutter, nametag maker, platform dolly.
Mental, Physical, and Communication DemandsMental:
- Consistent adherence to the practice of PIDF’s five core values that are used as a guiding force in the success of all of its programs;
- Be keenly aware of and attentive to program participants;
- Must analyze and problem solve issues;
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize;
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to cope with stress that may be induced by the situations of our clients.
- Must participate in strenuous activities which may include loading/unloading of equipments and washing of vans and mats;
- Requires lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds on a regular basis;
- Must be able to sit and work on floor; kneel and bend.
- Must exhibit courteous and professional demeanor towards program participants, staff and administration via verbal, written, physical, and electronic correspondence;
- Requires good oral and written communication skills;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- High school diploma required;
- Early Childhood Education or related course work and/or experience working with children preferred;
- Must have access to a vehicle, have a valid driver's license, a safe and responsible driving record, and current no-fault auto insurance, with at least the minimum State of Hawai'i coverage requirements;
All positions require that the incumbent have no convictions of any crime against a child or other vulnerable person. We conduct periodic criminal background checks as a condition of employment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.