Community Outreach Coordinator
1 On-Call Position
Na Pono - Oahu
- Responsible for working closely with community agencies to establish partnerships with the Foundation and the Nā Pono Program;
- Provide management assistance in all components of the program;
- Make weekly Meals on Wheels deliveries;
- Manage and maintain up-to-date inventory;
- Manage and organize storage areas;
- Manage the Food Bank drops, pick up, deliveries;
- Monitor, maintain, and review client files;
- Serve as the safety team leader.
- Assist with the setting up and breaking down of the daily operations of Nā Pono;
- Assist in providing high quality indoor and outdoor activities that foster learning.
- Program sites;
- Travel in personal and program vehicle to and from program sites; sites in the community and clients’ homes.
Mental, Physical & Communication Demands
- Consistent adherence to the practice of PIDF’s five core values that are used as a guiding force in the success of all of its programs;
- Must be able to network in the community effectively;
- Must be able to organize and manage multiple priorities, juggle multiple tasks and work well under pressure.
- Must participate in strenuous activities which may include setting up and breaking down equipment;
- Must be able to sit and work on floor, kneel and bend;
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds on a regular basis;
- Must be able to wash vans, mats, and tarps; set up and break down of tents.
- Must exhibit courteous and professional demeanor towards program participants, staff and administration via verbal, written, physical, and electronic correspondence;
- Requires good oral and written communication skills;
- Must be able to make effective presentations to large groups.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in social services or related field required;
- Minimum of three (3) years of community relations work with Native Hawaiian communities required;
- Requires at least two (2) years of work experience working with Native Hawaiian families;
- Knowledge and understanding of the history and mechanics of the Waimanalo community;
- Must have access to a vehicle; have a valid driver’s license, a safe and responsible driving record, and current no-fault auto insurance, with at least minimum State of Hawaii coverage property damage liability.
All positions require that the incumbent have no convictions of any crime against a child or other vulnerable person. We conduct periodic criminal background checks as a condition of employment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.