Preschool Teacher’s Assistant I
2 Full Time Positions
Ka Pa‘alana - O‘ahu
- Interact with caregivers and keiki in a helpful and professional manner;Establish effective relationships with program participants;
- Assist the PT in an Early Childhood Education (ECE) setting;
- Assist the PT in planning and providing indoor and outdoor activities that foster learning;
- Assist in the set up and break down of preschool sites and events;
- Participate in loading and unloading of the vans; disinfecting and cleaning of materials as needed; prepping preschool materials as needed;
- Track and record participant attendance at site as directed;
- May assist in the assessment of participants.
- 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday or as otherwise determined by the supervisor; Position requires regular and predictable attendance;
- Some events on nights or weekends at various times depending on the event.
- Program sites at either shelter or designated area homeless encampments, various event sites, meeting and professional development sites;Office setting;
- Travel in program and/or personal vehicle to and from program sites.
Mental, Physical and Communication Demands
- Consistent adherence to the practice of Partners in Development Foundation’s (PIDF) five core values that are used as a guiding force in the success of all of its programs;
- Must be keenly aware of and attentive to program participants;
- Must analyze and problem solve issues;
- Must be able to prioritize and focus on multiple tasks that require analysis and attention to detail;
- Must possess and exercise strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Must be able to cope with stress that may be induced by the situations of our clients.
- Must participate in strenuous activities which may include loading/unloading of vans and washing of the vans, mats and tarps; set up and break down of tents;
- Requires lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds on a regular basis;
- Must be able to sit and work on floor; kneel and bend.
- Must exhibit courteous and professional demeanor towards program participants, vendors and partners, staff and administration via verbal, written, physical, and electronic correspondence;
- Requires good oral and written communication skills;
- Must be able to handle and maintain highly confidential information.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent;Some experience working with young children ages birth through five (5) in an educational setting;
- Have a valid driver’s license, a safe and responsible driving record, current no-fault auto insurance, with at least the minimum State of Hawai‘i coverage requirements (operating company vehicles only);
- Some ECE course work;
- Experience working with homeless and at-risk families of Ka Pa‘alana’s host culture.
All positions require that the incumbent have no convictions of any crime against a child or other vulnerable person. We conduct periodic criminal background checks as a condition of employment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.