1 Full Time Position
Administration - Oahu
VP of Administration
- Responsible for the management, and monitoring of foundation safety program, as well as ensuring compliance with applicable local, state, and federal safety regulations;
- Research, develop, and update comprehensive written safety policies, programs, procedures, and forms that ensure the foundation maintains exceptional safety performance and OSHA compliance at all times;
- Travel as necessary to all PIDF locations to effectively administer all aspects of PIDF safety program to appropriately audit and monitor safety and compliance by sharing safety best practices through coaching and training of various PIDF personnel;
- Develop, institute and update foundation-wide, a calendar log of annual program training, and collaborate with safety committee to establish annual safety goals;
- Develop, compile, and distribute relevant information regarding key safety and compliance metrics to collaborate with and report to worker’s compensation (WC) insurance carrier and PIDF management to ensure the lowest possible premiums.
- Utilize newsletter, social media, and other venues of communication to promote PIDF’s health & safety culture;
- Establish, educate, train and motivate an employee based safety committee to assist in implementing safety program.
- Advise, conduct, facilitate, and/or participate in the investigation of the reported incident or accident and provide feedback as needed;
- Act as liaison with external legal and regulatory personnel and agencies as necessary;
- Conduct ergonomic assessments and recommend corrective actions to mitigate or eliminate risk of injury;
- Manage activities of safety assistant and provide guidance, training, supervision, etc. to ensure success;
- Develop, update, and monitor a fleet safety program for the foundation, to include a vehicle maintenance program and driver safety training ensuring all necessary safety documentation is maintained.
- Attendance at safety conferences and participation on all safety conference calls;
- Work on special projects and any PIDF special events.
- Monday through Friday, 8:00a.m to 4:30p.m. or as otherwise determined by the supervisor;
- Position requires regular and predictable attendance;
- Attendance during evenings or weekends at various times required.
- Office setting;
- Outdoors (inspecting vehicles, site visits, and training staff);
- Travel to the neighbor islands is required;
- Travel to the continental U.S. may be required.
Mental, physical and communication demandsMental:
- Consistent adherence to the practice of PIDF’s five core values that are used as a guiding force in the success of all of its programs;
- Must be able to work independently, and interact harmoniously with others in close quarters at all times;
- Must be able to be flexible, as the position sometimes requires “on call” and/or “latest development” demands;
- Given the predominance of social service programs of the foundation (i.e., poverty, homelessness), the position requires that the employee be mentally and physically able to work in conditions of those being served;
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills;
- Must possess strong organizational skills;
- Must be able to focus and multi-task.
- Must be able to work on the computer for majority of work day;
- Must be able to stand, sit, kneel and bend;
- May require occasional lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds.
- Must exhibit courteous and professional demeanor via verbal, written, physical, and electronic correspondence;
- Must be able to communicate effectively;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Bachelors degree in occupational safety, or related field required;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products;
- Proficient in Microsoft Publisher and/or graphics program preferred; photography and videography skills a plus;
- A minimum of two (2) years working knowledge of OSHA requirements and experience implementing safety regulations preferred;
- 3-5 years working with vehicle/equipment repair/maintenance preferred;
- Certification in safety and/or maintenance area highly preferred;
- Familiarity in social media and/or other communication venues is highly preferred;
- Must have access to a vehicle, have a valid driver’s license, a safe and responsible driving record, and current no-fault auto insurance, with at least $100K in bodily injury liability per person and $25K in property damage liability.
All positions require that the incumbent have no convictions of any crime against a child or other vulnerable person. We conduct periodic criminal background checks as a condition of employment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.