1 Full Time Position
Administration - Oahu
- Process personnel action and payroll changes in payroll worksheet and processing system;Calculate and process any variations from regular pay and deductions;
- Prepare and issue manual checks as needed;
- Assist managers and employees with addressing, submitting and completing timesheets and time-off requests to online portal;
- Obtain, distribute and file semi-monthly payroll reports;
- Prepare vouchers and submit payment for deductions such as retirement plan contribution, garnishment, AUW, etc.,
- Process monthly benefit invoices by entering premiums into worksheet, updating changes, and allocating by employee and programs, and prepare voucher for payment;
- Reconcile employees’ deductions against benefit worksheet;
- Coordinate the processing of annual Form 5500 for benefit plans such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term care, long term disability, employee assistance program, and retirement with designated vendor;
- Complete census for retirement and flexible spending plans’ annual discrimination testing;
- Provide required information for allocation of employee time among programs and apply to timesheets, benefits allocations, and provide to program accountants to update program budgets each pay period, etc.;
- Complete various forms such temporary disability insurance and worker’s compensation claim forms for ill or injured employees;
- Assist in data collection for the annual employee benefit statements;
- Serve as a liaison with payroll and benefit vendor representatives to resolve/troubleshoot issues as needed;
- Serve as a backup point of contact to assist managers and employees in utilizing HR/Payroll self-service portal;
- Serve as a backup for the HR Clerk and/or HR Specialist in their absence.
- Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or as otherwise determined by the supervisor;Position requires regular and predictable attendance;
- Some evenings or weekends may be needed.
- Mostly in the office;Travel in personal vehicle to other locations or training sites as needed;
- Travel to the neighbor islands may be required.
Mental, Physical, and Communication Demands
- Consistent adherence to the practice of PIDF’s five core values that are used as a guiding force in the success of all of its programs;
- Must possess strong organizational skills and meet critical deadlines;
- Must analyze and problem solve issues;
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize;
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills;
- Must possess excellent attention to detail.
- Requires lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds occasionally;
- Must be able to sit and work on the computer and desk for majority of the work day.
- Must exhibit courteous and professional demeanor towards program participants, staff and administration via verbal, written, physical, and electronic correspondence;
- Requires good oral and written communication skills;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Associates degree in Accounting or related field and a minimum of three (3) years of experience in the preparation and payroll processing, benefits reconciliation;Intermediate payroll and accounting knowledge required;
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Applications;
- Experience in Automated Data Processing (ADP) highly desirable;
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations, payroll laws preferred;
- Must have access to a vehicle, have a valid driver’s license, a safe and responsible driving record, and current no-fault auto insurance, with at least $100K in bodily collision per person and $25K in property damage liability.
All positions require that the incumbent have no convictions of any crime against a child or other vulnerable person. We conduct periodic criminal background checks as a condition of employment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.