1 Full Time Position
Administration - Honolulu
- Post vacancies and process employment applications and resumes, conduct employment verification and reference checks;
- Create ID badges and keep track benefit collateral and office supplies;
- Prepare general HR letters such as conditional offer, salary change, promotion, transfer;
- Follow up with candidates on submission of new hire forms;
- Conduct new hire’s criminal clearances, state and national sex registry, and other background checks as required;
- Respond to all emails and incoming calls promptly with a pleasant, friendly demeanor, providing routine information when appropriate;
- Manage all tracking systems (annual clearances for driver’s license, insurance declaration page, criminal, traffic abstract, child abuse and neglect, Hawaii and national sex registry, and any other federal and state requirements) including input into database; completion of necessary paperwork; processing all requirements; following through with results and forwarding all results to supervisor;
- Notify managers of upcoming and past due performance appraisals, outstanding forms or clearances;
- Coordinate new hire orientation trainings.
- Perform data entry for human resources and payroll changes.
- Sort and distribute semi-monthly paychecks;
- Submit timesheet and time-off request for employees who are on worker’s comp, TDI, FMLA, HFLL.
- Process benefits enrollment, changes, and termination;
- Complete other HR forms such as employment verification, temporary disability insurance, worker’s comp claim form, retirement plan withdrawal/loan requests, etc.;
- Prepare exit packets;
- Maintain and update vacation, sick, personal day worksheet semi-monthly;
- Assist managers and employees in utilizing HRIS self-service portal;
- Ensure that the Foundation is in compliance with regulatory requirements such as distribution of updated employment posters, Affordable Care Act, etc.;
- Assist HR staff with general routine inquiries.
- Serve as a member on the safety committee;
- Attend meetings and trainings as required.
- Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or as otherwise determined by the supervisor;Position requires regular and predictable attendance;
- Some evenings or weekends may be needed.
- Mostly in the office;Travel in personal vehicle to other locations or training sites as needed;
- Travel to the neighbor islands may be required.
Mental, Physical, and Communication Demands
- Consistent adherence to the practice of PIDF’s five core values that are used as a guiding force in the success of all of its programs;
- Must analyze and problem solve issues;
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize;
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Requires lifting and carrying of up to 20 pounds occasionally;
- Must be able to sit and work on the computer and desk for majority of the work day.
- Must exhibit courteous and professional demeanor towards program participants, staff and administration via verbal, written, physical, and electronic correspondence;
- Requires good oral and written communication skills;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Associates degree in Business or related field and a minimum of two (2) years of HR experience;Proficiency in MS Office Applications;
- Basic knowledge in payroll preferred;
- Must have access to a vehicle, have a valid driver’s license, a safe and responsible driving record, and current no-fault auto insurance, with at least $100K in bodily collision per person and $25K in property damage liability.
All positions require that the incumbent have no convictions of any crime against a child or other vulnerable person. We conduct periodic criminal background checks as a condition of employment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.